Below is the short version of an email I received from a very happy cyclist, it’s always good to get these emails as much of what I do comes out of my own pocket.
Just thought I’d let you know that I’ve recovered my ‘Sunday best’ race bike with the help of your site.
To cut a long story short:
- I had a Cannondale Supersix road bike stolen from a metal bike shed on 11th April worth ~£2.5k with upgraded wheels etc.
- Reported it stolen etc to the police.
- Google’d ‘how to get a stolen bike back’ followed some of the really helpful suggestions including using your website.
- Spotted it on ebay last Friday after receiving the email from your site. Knew it was mine instantly as it had non-standard tyres and wheels etc.
- Called the police back and found the sellers address etc from the internet. The police executed a search warrant and recovered my bike!! Really made my week. I collect it back off the police this week. Have a look at the attached email for more details.
Just wanted to say thanks and to let you know that your website works and really user friendly!
If you do get your bike recovered please don’t hesitate to email your story to email@example.com, even if it wasn’t one of my sites that helped it.