Bike DescriptionA 2013 Scott Scale Contessa 910 - a ladies 29er mountain bike, size small. At the time of theft it was all stock parts (Rockshox XC32 forks, Deore gearing, Synchro wheels, etc - as detailed on Evans Cycles) with the exception of:
- A Hope seat clamp (not quick release)
- A pink Lizardskin chainstay protector, purple flat pedals (can't actually remember if they were Wellgo or DMRs, but they were V12 style)
- Purple Superstar lock-on grips
- There was also a Catseye rear light attached to the seatpost.
- removal of fork lockout cable and lever
Theft DescriptionBike was stolen from outside my studio's officers, sometime between 2.10pm and 5.30pm - possibly between 4pm and 5.30pm, as it was outside the office window of one of the companies on the ground floor, and they leave and close the blinds at that time. My cable lock (sold secure silver) was cut through.
Recovery DescriptionI submitted my details to the site, then did a quick search using 'Find That Bike'. Lo and behold, it brought up a Gumtree advert for my bike, 90 miles away, that had been placed only 49 minutes previously. Police immediately contacted, bike was seized the following day. HUZZAH!