- Reward: Handsome reward for the successful recovery of the bike
- Stolen On...: Mid to late November 2011, weekday between 9 am and 10 am
- Stolen From...: Outside Wimbledon Library, Compton Road
- Frame Number: G07G0663
- Colour: Red, Black and Grey
Taken from the railings outside Wimbledon Library, it was advertised 2 – 3 weeks later on Gumtree by Ben (using the mobile phone number 07884001200). He claimed he bought it from Wimbledon Stadium car boot sale in good faith but had he checked the frame number with the local police station then he would have found out that is was stolen…so why was the bike stripped of the carrier, lights and bottle cage? yet the unique combination of tyres and unbranded wellgo style SPD pedals gave away it’s identity in the picture he posted of it. He even described it as an SCR 2 despite the model written clearly on the frame, and his authoring skills are not that of an illiterate. He continues to sell bikes, some clearly stolen, and others that perhaps are not.
Be warned when dealing with this guy…
From the Blog
Patrick Colquhoun wrote in 1796 in A Treatise on the Police of the Metropolis “deprive a thief of a safe and ready market for his goods, and he is undone”, this...
So BikeRegister claims to be the “only police approved cycle database”. This I believe has been carefully worded to make it appear their are no police approved ...
So recently a journalist over at BikeRadar took a summary of Freedom of Information requests to make a useful and informative post about the disjointed approach...
So as part of my campaign I’ve been campaigning for the release of stolen bike frame numbers through the use of open data principles. There are a few frequen...
What follows is just my opinion based on two years of working to tackle bike theft and helping victims get their bikes back. It is not meant to be seen as an at...
Most Active Reports Today!
- KTM Penny lane (65 views)
- Eddy Merckx EMX-1 Ultegra (34 views)
- Wilier Izoard XP (33 views)
- Boardman Performance Hybrid Comp (12 views)
- Specialised S-Works Safire FSR (10 views)
- Specialized Allez Elite (9 views)
- Orange Crush MTB (8 views)
- Sabre Trace 26 inch Mountain Bike Mens (8 views)
- Boardman Road Team (8 views)
- Revolution Triad DS (6 views)